Re: Definition of 'a profile'

I'm actually not against re-discussing the definition at some point, but I would suggest to do it later, once we have progressed on a document in which this definition will be. We've not made any tangible progress since February that would hint that we're in a position to re-discuss what's been agreed earlier. We've had such discussion for weeks already, not long ago. The group has then voted for a definition that includes the first sentence that Phil includes, word by word.
https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/wiki/ProfileContext#Draft_common_definition_for_.22profile.22

The consensus in the last call is that Phil's suggestion to add a bit about interoperability was desirable. We didn't agree on removing the definition we had already agreed on - and I think Phil's suggestion respects this.

If we want to reflect the full scope of our agreement in the past and add Phil's proposal, then the definition could become:
[
A profile is a named set of constraints on one or more identified base specifications, including the identification of any implementing subclasses of datatypes, semantic interpretations, vocabularies, options and parameters of those base specifications necessary to accomplish a particular function. Such constraints should ensure that software systems that implement the profile are directly interoperable.
]
But again this is not removing the previous wording.

Antoine