Re: Use of SHACL for profiles

1) yes,  and our charter covers the "publication of a profile" including
various parts, including guidance, validation, form building,
axiomitisation and any other components felt useful for the target platform
(i.e. the nature of thing being profiled)

This is happening already - but using ad-hoc and non-interoperable ways to
describe how these pieces relate to a profile.

2) We are not "defining an application profile" - and just listing RDF
vocabulary  do not seem to reflect practice in defining profiles either.
MUST still feels too strong - maybe in some cases it is reasonable to
restrict properties to a set of known namespaces without further
constraint.

3) Our Use Cases do cover profile specification, but that doesnt mean we
have to (or could) mandate the particular constraint languages or
components used.  IMHO we can look at the "data exchange" scope through the
lens of DCAT - and think about best practices in terms of "fine grained
semantics" in DCAT descriptions - and the ability to point a user to these
components of a profile in a standard way, within an RDF environment is a
significant gain in interoperability.  We can also apply the same logic to
profiles of DCAT itself, but the conceptual model of profiles we need for
both these constitute a more broadly applicable best practice for
describing any interoperability profile, and description is a key element
of publication :-)

So we seem to have a few strong leads into BP for publishing:
1) use of URI for identification and discovery of description
2) Description of profile, including relationships and components
3) Usage in DCAT context

What other aspects of publication do you think we might want to cover?

BTW I think we can ground this discussion in Phil's nice introductory
blurb