Re: [dxwg] Are inference rules constraints that must be followed by profiles?

From: Rob Atkinson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2018 21:27:38 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
An interesting question - because different profiling mechanisms have different levels of expressivity - so in general if you rely on OWL in your profile I dont think you can override semantics defined by OWL. constructs ..

For now, I think we should make sure we can cover the typical case (conforming constraints) , until such time as we have a detailed Use Case and examples for why something that does not conform to a base specification should be treated as a profile (perhaps a profile is a special case of a more general thing that has weaker requirements?)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rob-metalinkage
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/294#issuecomment-402297023 using your GitHub account