Re: [dxwg] Requirement: Profiles may be written in or may link to a document or schema in a validation language (ShEx, SHACL, XMLschema). [ID41] (5.41)

From: Simon Cox via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 06:06:38 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@rob-metalinkage responded by email (but it didn't make it through to here) -

There are two reasons we dont just reuse dcat:Dataset

1. We need to model more aspects of profiles including their relationships to each other and different possible roles of resources.

2. We decided profile descriptions  are a broader concern than  cataloguing them.

Thus the alignment between Profiles and dcat:Resources is what we are concerned about here and perhaps more explicitly whether subclasses of Resource are disjoint. I'm agnostic whether in the alignment Profile is a subclass of Resource or Dataset... but for backwards compatability could we add a note and example stating that a Profile MAY be considered as a dataset of constraint objects?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/279#issuecomment-417561699 using your GitHub account