Re: [dxwg] Generalize dcat:byteSize to dcat:size

From: makxdekkers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 07:57:26 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@agbeltran It seems to me that `dcat:size` is fundamentally different from `dcat:byteSize`, because it would necessarily have a resource as its range -- as you point out, and as the example in the old discussion shows, it needs a link to a controlled vocabulary for its unit of measurement. As I understand it, `dcat:byteSize` was defined as a simpler way to express something that people saw as a main requirement at the time. So you can't generalise dcat:byteSize, but would need to define a parallel property for more general cases.
One process question: would we be able to 'un-deprecate' a property in the namespace, or would this need to get a new URI?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by makxdekkers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/313#issuecomment-415683084 using your GitHub account