Re: [dxwg] Add class for data distribution service to DCAT

From: Rob Atkinson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 21:09:27 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
IMHO Dataset and DataService look like subclasses of a generic CatalogEntry. If we solve this should also solve case where services are not bound to identified datasets - such as transformation services. Cant really put a counter-proposal until the two facilities needed are available - describing finer-grained service metadata in Distribution, and describing relationships between datasets.   Is a DataService just a subclass of Dataset that has relationships to one or more datasets that have a a service based distribution? Agnostic about final outcome but just feel we are modeling with half the story.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rob-metalinkage
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/180#issuecomment-382530227 using your GitHub account