Re: Requirements for profiles

Profiles should IMHO reference type ontologies where necessary to further
restrict the range of profiled properties (either base specification or a
more general profile).

e.g. a profile for "spatial area statistics standard X" may require the
statistical dimension property  is related to (has a rdfs:range)  a
'feature with a polygon geometry' ,

the "US Census profile" may require this to have a FIPS code and the 2020
census may require it to be from the set of 2020 US  state boundaries, by
reference to a specific implementation.

I think "vocabulary" is a set of definitions in the general case, and is
agnostic about how much information model goes along with that set - so we
need to be pretty careful about assumptions as to what it means here.