Re: Versioning

Hi,

As it was correctly pointed out in the call that the requirements of the
UC-ID4 was more in the solution space, I've tried to reword the
requirements [1] as following and added links to DWBP:

Requirements:

   - A definition of what is meant by version in this context and how it
   relates to dataset, distribution should be provided.
   - Different versioning scenarios should be supported (e.g., dataset
   evolution, conversions/translations, granularities/subsets).
   - Each version should provide a version identifier and other relevant
   metadata.
   - It should be possible to provide metadata about when a version was
   created (released).
   - It should be possible to provide identifiers for the previous/next
   versions when applicable (if they are in chronological order).
   - It should be possible to provide what has been changed when applicable
   (if they are in chronological order).
   - It should be possible to discover versions of a given dataset in a
   catalog.
   - W3C DWBP guidelines on versioning: BP7. Provide a version indicator,
   BP8. Provide version history, BP11. Assign URIs to dataset versions and
   series.

Best Regards,
Nandana

[1]