From: Karen Coyle [mailto:kcoyle@kcoyle.net]
Sent: 13 December 2017 16:31
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: Conneg definition was: Re: Start of profiles analysis page - 2nd reply

+1

As I understand it, one of the main reasons that the "Guidance"
deliverable was included in the charter was exactly because the use of PDF files for profiles was considered a poor practice. However, it wasn't clear what the alternative would be, and thus the Guidance deliverable was included to respond to that. Although it doesn't say this directly, machine readability/parsability is a desirable goal.

kc