Re: Start of profiles analysis page - 2nd reply

On 12/6/17 2:28 PM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
>> Unfortunately, the majority case appears to be that profiles are not
>> created by coders. A look at the current generation of profiles shows
>> that they are Word or PDF documents, most likely written by folks who
>> are knowledgeable of the semantics of their community's metadata but who
>> do not themselves write code.
>
> They can keep on writing Word and PDF documents;
> but we cannot expect all of them to write RDF documents.
>
> So they might be able to define profiles in human-readable ways,
> but not necessarily the formal specifications to validate them.

Actually,this is the advantage of CVSW - Most of them can understand and
use spreadsheets, and from those spreadsheets the CVSW -> JSON-LD/RDF
works. The idea is to give those folks a transitional technology, not to
leave them in the dust. In my mind, these are the primary audience for
application profiles.

kc