RE: Start of profiles analysis page - 2nd reply

From: <mail@makxdekkers.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 19:45:16 +0100
To: <public-dxwg-wg@w3.org>
Karen,

> Not all access to APs will be through content negotiation, AFAIK, so we have to consider
> other access avenues, such as a document at is located on a web site, profiles in wikis, etc.

The expressions of the profile might be at

http://example.org/profiles/xyz/profile.rdf
http://example.org/profiles/xyz/profile.xml
http://example.org/profiles/xyz/profile.json

So it would be possible to access them without content negotiation. But I guess, we need to consider content negotiation because our deliverable is called "Content Negotiation by Application Profile"

> If there is a "concept" AP it needs to be something that can be represented,
> thus is not entirely abstract.

In my mind, it *is* "abstract" in the same sense that FRBR Work is an abstract entity.

Makx.