Start of profiles analysis page

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 07:42:31 -0800
To: "public-dxwg-wg@w3.org" <public-dxwg-wg@w3.org>
I created a page for "Profiles context" [1] similar to the one that was
created for DCAT.[2] It has some definitions of "profile", "application
profile" and "metadata application profile" that I found online, and has
the start of a list of profiles from a variety of sources.

If any of you can add to those sections that would be great, and
particularly from business or science sources. The sources I found were
mostly in the cultural heritage arena, and that's probably because
that's the area that I know.

I do think that agreeing on a definition is going to be one of our first
steps, and it may take quite a bit of discussion. Perhaps in the next
few days we can begin to create some proposed definitions, just to see
where those take us.

kc
[1] https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/wiki/ProfileContext
[2] https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/wiki/DCAT_Context