Re: In DCAT, Is is possible to specify an void:rootResource in DCAT?

Dear Nuno,

Apologies it has taken us so long to get back to you with more details.

The question you raised was included in the Github issues here:
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/292

and you can see further discussions there.

As pointed out in the issue, VoID is a vocabulary that was designed for RDF
datasets and while some of its properties can be used in other contexts, it
is probably better not to as we wouldn't be following their semantics. And
this is the case in DCAT, as we are representing all dataset types.

So, we interpreted your request as the need to have a generic way to refer
to a 'manifest' file that would correspond to each dcat:Distribution of a
dcat:Dataset. Would this be the use case that you are suggesting? When
considering a catalogue as a dataset, this could also correspond to a way
of referring to a sitemap file.

This use case was not considered as part of the Use Cases and Requirements
(you can see the Editor's Draft here: https://w3c.github.io/dxwg/ucr/), but
we will discuss it in the issue as pointed out above.

If you have further comments, please follow up by email and/or on the
Github issue.

Many thanks,

Alejandra