Re: DWBP is a W3C Recommendation

Congratulations to the entire DWBP WG and reviewers!

You've done a tremendous job creating a resource that was carefully considered, well communicated and beautifully documented! I commit to making sure that the #opendata community that I work with in the US and Australia knows about this excellent resource, and uses it!

A working group is like a baton race. A core group pick it up, run with it, then pass it to the next group. It is hard to sustain steady contributions to standards groups indefinitely. A few of you are marathoners — Thanks to Phil, Hadley, Dee, Yaso and (the other) Bernadette ;-) who have worked tirelessly across multiple working groups for years! (Especially you Phil, you mad man!)

Thank you for this contribution to the Web of data. I personally know how satisfying it is to get collaborative deliverables "done & dusted.” I’ve enjoyed watching this one evolve.

We build on the work of others - that is the beauty of the Web and working groups. I’m looking forward the first 2017 meeting of the Australian Government Linked Data Working Group meeting on 2-Feb 2017, (organised by Australian National University’s Armin Haller), and being in the same timezone :-))

Our collective work on making and maintaining re-usable data on the Web takes on even greater importance in the current climate. Thanks again all.

Cheers,

Bernadette Hyland

bhyland@3roundstones.com  || Twitter @BernHyland ||  Skype BernHyland

PS. FYI - US Environmental Protection Agency launched its Open Data service, as fully Linked Open Data in late 2016, see https://opendata.epa.gov. We will ensure this detailed linked open data on pollution in the U.S., over 100K chemicals and millions of regulated facilities remains available to the global research community, one way or another. Follow @DataRefuge to track #opendata that is at risk. See also: @PPEHLab <https://twitter.com/PPEHLab> & @upennlib <https://twitter.com/upennlib>