RE: About the Implementation Report - guidelines as evidences

Berna,

Depends on what you call “testing”. In my mind, the fact that there is text in a guideline that matches the BP is evidence for its implementation.

As an example, BP1 specifies:

How to Test

Check if human readable metadata is available.

Check if the metadata is available in a valid machine-readable format and without syntax error.

The “test” would be verification that the guidelines under consideration state that implementers must create human-readable and machine-readable metadata.

I brought up this issue because people who work on creating guidelines may not always be not the people who actually create the data. For example, guidelines like the “Preparing data” section in the European Data Portal’s Goldbook http://www.europeandataportal.eu/en/content/goldbook/preparing-data make recommendations similar to the DWBP Best Practices and the existence of such recommendations can be used to verify that DWBP BPs are being used.

For example, on that page on the EDP there is this diagram:

Very familiar BPs, aren’t they?

Makx.