W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-dwbp-wg@w3.org > May 2016

[Minutes] 2016-05-16

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 15:58:16 +0100
To: Public DWBP WG <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <90ddb4a5-beb2-6a89-223f-cfb09567c62c@w3.org>
The minutes of today's meeting are at 
https://www.w3.org/2016/05/06-dwbp-minutes with a text snapshot below. 
Thanks to Eric K for scribing.

Yaso will be writing about this separately but please note that we 
decided this week that we will vote on publishing the three documents in 
next week's call. These are expected to be the last versions that are 
decided by us. Any future variation will be following *external* 
comments. So if you have comments, speak up in the coming week or, erm, 
keep them to yourself :-)



       Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference

06 May 2016

    [2]Agenda

       [2] https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20160506

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/06-dwbp-irc

Attendees

    Present
           ericstephan, yaso, phila, BernadetteLoscio, newton,
           Eric_Kauz, laufer

    Regrets
           Annette, Hadley

    Chair
           yaso

    Scribe
           Eric_Kauz

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]BP doc
      * [6]Summary of Action Items
      * [7]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    <yaso>
    [8]https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20160506

       [8] https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20160506

BP doc

    Yaso: start by discussing open comments.

    <phila> [9]Editr's draft

       [9] http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html

    <BernadetteLoscio>
    [10]https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Comments_to_be_considered
    _in_the_last_call_working_draft

      [10] 
https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Comments_to_be_considered_in_the_last_call_working_draft

    BernadetteLoscio: comment on data sensitive still open the rest
    is addressed

    <ericstephan> yaso - did we vote on last week's minutes? Just a
    reminder just in case.

    <yaso> ericstephan, yes! you're right :-)D

    <yaso> I'll go back to them

    BernadetteLoscio: sent message that comments were almost all
    addressed. Group should look at comments and commits.

    <ericstephan> :-)

    <yaso> thanks

    BernadetteLoscio: really happy :)
    ... 87 comments, still have a few issues we can deal with next
    week, but feels we can publish this version.
    ... data safety and approach to implementation for real time
    access.
    ... still need to correct some URIs. included on separate html
    page, annette made comment on URIs, still need to correct

    yaso: congrats, really impressive, forgot to vote minutes., Now
    need to vote minutes

    <yaso> [11]https://www.w3.org/2016/04/29-dwbp-minutes

      [11] https://www.w3.org/2016/04/29-dwbp-minutes

    <phila> PROPOSED: Accept last week's minutes
    [12]https://www.w3.org/2016/04/29-dwbp-minutes

      [12] https://www.w3.org/2016/04/29-dwbp-minutes

    <yaso> +1

    <ericstephan> +1

    <BernadetteLoscio> +1

    <phila> +1

    +1

    RESOLUTION: Accept last week's minutes
    [13]https://www.w3.org/2016/04/29-dwbp-minutes

      [13] https://www.w3.org/2016/04/29-dwbp-minutes

    <ericstephan> thank you Phil for getting the minutes out, it
    really helps reviewing them after the meeting

    yaso: should we discuss data sensitive section? Can we address
    it here.

    BernadetteLoscio: yes can address it, make a proposal and later
    on talk to annette, understands here point on this.

    <ericstephan>
    [14]https://gregnorc.github.io/ping-privacy-questions/

      [14] https://gregnorc.github.io/ping-privacy-questions/

    ericstephan: reconnected with privacy interest group. Review
    last week on web annotations vocabulary, email talked about
    different privacy questions. still evolving.
    ... one of the areas that struck him about sensitive data,
    questions publishers should ask themselves about sharing
    privacy data, need to let people know when their privacy
    information is being shared
    ... there are some concepts we can add to data sensitivity
    section (not completely broken). Intro section and best
    practices do not match.

    BernadetteLoscio: agrees with Eric and Annette, problem is best
    practice is about explaining why some data is not available,
    not only about sensitive data, if data is not available explain
    why it is not.
    ... need to change introduction to be more general and not talk
    about sensitive data or move best practice to data access
    section. best practice to stay the same. Way it is now is not
    good
    ... title of section should not be sensitive data. do not
    address privacy issues, out of scope of document

    yaso: agrees with bernadette, second one is the best option.
    focuses more on availability not type of data. should not
    address privacy

    ericstephan: agrees mostly with bernadette, but need to include
    people should be conscious about what they are publishing and
    it may be privacy data, should include a caution.

    <BernadetteLoscio> yes

    phila: we have had best practives that are weak about
    preserving privacy. agrees that intro to section does not match
    best practices.
    ... some of text can be adapted and moved as part of data
    enrichment section. orphan section (data enrich) give examples
    there and could take information in intro and put it into data
    enrichment section.

    yaso: agrees

    BernadetteLoscio: agrees
    ... likes Phil's idea.

    yaso: for data not available is not just because it is not open

    ericstephan: thinking about descriptive metadata section, may
    be good idea to also include it in descriptive metadata as a
    pointer.
    ... blend sensitive data section into data enrichment or taking
    best practice into section or both.

    BernadetteLoscio: best practice goes to sensitive data section

    ericstephan: proposing some work on privacy and provenance.
    becoming conscious on when you share metadata. provenance
    requires metadata
    ... if we are putting sensitive data in data enrichment
    section, but a citation in section that if it includes
    sensitive information, here are some guidelines, a reference if
    cleanly described.

    BernadetteLoscio: do you think we will have sensitive data in
    metadata

    ericstephan: with provenance, these are kind of things privacy
    group is working, when necessary share descriptive metadata but
    be aware for example clinical health data,

    yaso: doesnt know how to cover this issue in data enrichment
    section

    <ericstephan> I think an intro in the metadata section would be
    fine

    <Zakim> phila, you wanted to suggest that Eric offer some text
    to cover that?

    BernadetteLoscio: if we also have sensitive metadata this
    applies to different types and thus difficult to include in
    just one best practice, difficult to see where we will have
    sensitive metadata

    <laufer> +1 to talk that privacy applies to all published data,
    including metadata

    <ericstephan> Yes I will send something out today.

    phila: could Eric find a place to put it and create text, can
    Eric take action item

    <laufer> this include feedback too

    ericstephan: yes, he will take action item

    <phila> ACTION: ericstephan to suggest sentence/location for
    sentence to cover sensitive data in metadata section [recorded
    in [15]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/06-dwbp-minutes.html#action01]

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/06-dwbp-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-278 - Suggest sentence/location for
    sentence to cover sensitive data in metadata section [on Eric
    Stephan - due 2016-05-13].

    <ericstephan> do we want to propose to put the section in the
    data enrichment and hold the vote in email so Annette can
    comment?

    <phila> PROPOSED: To move and adapt sensitive data intro text
    into intro for data enrichment. Move data unavailable BP to
    Data Access

    <ericstephan> +1

    BernadetteLoscio: would like to do this asap. better to do this
    and have annette decide ot like or not like

    <yaso> +1

    <phila> +1

    <BernadetteLoscio> +1

    <newton> +1

    BernadetteLoscio: is good with proposa;

    +1

    <laufer> +1

    RESOLUTION: To move and adapt sensitive data intro text into
    intro for data enrichment. Move data unavailable BP to Data
    Access

    <ericstephan> Phila delivers "asap"

    phila: can help with text after the call

    yaso: other topic is discuss open comments.

    BernadetteLoscio: just comment 20 about data identifiers. In
    best practice 11.

    phila: does not agree with annette
    ... annette says it BP is more about creating your own and not
    reuse, but section does cover both. Use other's URIs, include
    products too :)
    ... thinks this advice is consistent with subject of best
    practice.
    ... subheading is not what whole best practice is about , Phil
    is happy with section as it is.

    yaso: will contact annette.

    phila: would be a good place in BP to refer to GS1 work, can
    put link in

    <phila> Eric_Kauz: On GS1 we've done a lot of work on products
    IDs of course and a product vocab, and BPs in terms of URIs to
    represent IDs.

    <phila> ... Our product IDs and producers

    <BernadetteLoscio>
    [16]http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#identifiersWithinDatasets

      [16] http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#identifiersWithinDatasets

    <ericstephan> It is a good practical example +1 using gs1

    phila: massage section to include work of GS1 on identifiers.

    <phila> action Eric_Kauz to offer text for BP 11 to refer to
    Digital GS1

    <trackbot> Error finding 'Eric_Kauz'. You can review and
    register nicknames at
    <[17]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/users>.

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/users

    <phila> action Kauz to offer text for BP 11 to refer to Digital
    GS1

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-279 - Offer text for bp 11 to refer
    to digital gs1 [on Eric Kauz - due 2016-05-13].

    <ericstephan> I think we are very close on real time access
    implementation

    yaso: do you want to go down to some details.

    BernadetteLoscio: talk about schedule first. do we need to wait
    until next friday to vote.
    ... can we vote by email, worried about time.
    ... from point of view of editors, do not have a lot of changes
    to make.

    phila: changes have been incremental. having resolved three
    issues, it would be good for chairs to advertise that we will
    be voting next week.
    ... people can review comments and document, suggest we
    advertise that on Friday 13th we will be voting to publish this
    document as final document that group will produce
    ... state period of time that we will accept comments on
    document.
    ... would also like to vote on vocabulary as well.

    yaso: agrees, may need to advertise the voting so group can be
    present to vote it.

    BernadetteLoscio: doesnt feel we need to freeze it for one week
    and wait another week., likes Phil's proposal.

    phila: asking yaso to send email to the group. resolved issues
    and expect to be on call next week Vote equals that we have
    completed document to best of our abilities and want to vote on
    Vocabs as well.

    BernadetteLoscio: document will be frozen today.
    ... send message that we will vote next week. No need to say it
    is frozen.

    <laufer> could we have in the email a single url with all the
    updates?

    phila: no issue with proposal. need end point, minor changes,
    we discussed them, by Tuesday it will be done, no major changes
    to documents.

    yaso: will send email

    BernadetteLoscio: would like to ask group about best practice
    for republication, and data enrichment, were thinking of making
    a simple visualization, using a map as an example to
    compliment. were thinking of CSV distribution and visualizatopn
    ... is this a good idea or not necessary

    <ericstephan> I like the idea

    yaso: thinks bernadette has time and it is a good idea

    <newton> open street maps

    phila: open street map may be better but needs to check
    licencing

    <phila> From the licence page OpenStreetMap is open data: you
    are free to use it for any purpose as long as you credit
    OpenStreetMap and its contributors

    phila: can do it, open street map is open, need to credit them.

    <phila> See [18]http://www.openstreetmap.org/about

      [18] http://www.openstreetmap.org/about

    <BernadetteLoscio>
    [19]http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#context

      [19] http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#context

    BernadetteLoscio: changed explanation section on context,
    changed diagram and text.

    <ericstephan> nice!

    <ericstephan> thank you, I will work on my two parts today

    <yaso> bye all!

    yaso: closing call,

    <laufer> bye

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: ericstephan to suggest sentence/location for
    sentence to cover sensitive data in metadata section [recorded
    in [20]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/06-dwbp-minutes.html#action01]

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/06-dwbp-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

     1. [21]Accept last week's minutes
        https://www.w3.org/2016/04/29-dwbp-minutes
     2. [22]To move and adapt sensitive data intro text into intro
        for data enrichment. Move data unavailable BP to Data
        Access

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________
Received on Friday, 6 May 2016 14:58:19 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 6 May 2016 14:58:19 UTC