Re: Text suggestions for recent comments

Hi Annette,

Thanks for your feedback! I understand your point and I'd like to make a
new proposal:

For some data publishers, it is important to know who has downloaded the
data and how they have used it. There are two possible approaches to
gathering this information. First, publishers can <em>invite</em> users to
provide it, the user's motivation for doing so being that it encourages the
continued publication of the data and promotes their own work. A second and
less user-friendly approach is to require registration before data is
accessed. In both cases, the Dataset Usage Vocabulary [[Vocab-DQV]]
provides a structure for representing such information. When collecting
data from users, the publisher should explain why and how information
gathered from users (either explicitly or implicitly) will be used. Without
a clear policy users might be fearful of providing information and thus the
value of the dataset is reduced.

Please let me know if this ok for you!

Thanks,
Berna