Re: Turtle file for DQV

Hi all

It is an interesting thing that after updating our BP document to have a
locale neutral perspective we are including a lot of info in different
languages.

I completely agree that it is a kind of bias to have only one language
(English) as the "locale neutral language", but the document has a a lot
of literals (the majority of properties) in labels, comments, etc. For
the machines that would process the document, it does not matter. For
humans that would use the document as a kind of user manual, the
document will have a lot of info that does not make sense to each one,
maybe making more difficult to read the document as a whole.

 How many (and which) languages, would be the minimum (and reasonable)
necessary to have a good document that could be understood by a great
number of persons?

Do we need all of these things in the ttl file or we could have part of
these things in another place?

Just thinking. I agree but I also disagree.

Best Regards,
Laufer

---
. . . .. . .
. . . ..
. .. .

Em 29/08/2016 5:41, Ghislain Atemezing escreveu:

> Hi Antoine,
>
>> Le 29 août 2016 à 10:23, Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl> a écrit :
>> Or are you suggesting to add literals in new languages?
>
> Yes, I was suggesting to add literals in at least three more languages (@pt, @fr and @esp :)
>
>> Let's be clear: I'd *love* it, thanks for suggesting!
>> I have little time for translations right now.
>> But if you have ideas, even for an incomplete translation, I can react to your input, and them in the RDF file.
>> In fact we still have some time. For such updates (i.e. updates that don't change the semantics of the model at all) I believe that we can still change the file until the WG fully stops, i.e. in two weeks if I understood well.
>> But of course if anyone has input on translations, it will be better if it happen as soon as possible :-)
>
> OK. I will send you an initial draft for @fr and @esp before Thursday..
>
>> And I'd suggest putting these on a wiki page, so that we can discuss them in one place before including them in the RDF file. Otherwise it's going to be quite a mess I'm afraid.
>
> I understand. It's better to have them in one place. I can send the files and you add it in the Wiki or do you have already a placeholder somewhere?
>
> Thanks again for your great work!
>
> Ghislain

> Ghislain A. Atemezing, Ph.D
> R&D Engineer