Re: locale parameters suggestions

Hi Annette,

Thanks for your answer! Please see more comments below.

> Hi Berna,
>
> Good questions!
>
> I think metadata about locale parameters is something different from
> locale-neutral representations. We could add a comma between them (after
> the closing parenthesis) to make that more clear. Or we could change
> "metadata about locale parameters" to "locale parameter metadata".

I agree!  and I like the last proposal: use locale parameter metadata.

> I think the publisher has to do two different things, because the two are
> different. They have to check the metadata and see that locale parameters
> are there, and they also have to look at the data itself to see that
> locale-sensitive fields are represented in a locale-neutral format. Does
> that make sense?

Yes, it makes sense for me and I agree with you. However, I'm not convinced
that BP 3 is the place to talk about locale-neutral formats. IMO BP3 should
be about metadata rather than data. I think talking about locale-neutral
formats in BP3 may be confusing. Besides the test involves checking the
data rather than the metadata.

Maybe, locale-neutral formats should be discussed at Section 8.8 Data
Formats [1]. In this case, maybe we should add a new BP "Internationalize
your data using locale-neutral formats". I don't like the idea of creating
a new BP, but I'm afraid that this is a better solution. What do you think
about this?

Thanks again!
Berna

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/dwbp/#dataFormats