Re: Check if the example of Best Practice 37: Cite the Original Publication is correct

Hi Annette,

I hope this example (see below) is a bit closer to what you are looking
for.  Another example might be to show that another derived dataset could
be from a tourist group that wants a dataset that only shows routes to
tourist destinations (e.g. bus routes to My City MarketPlace).

Because of the focus on data lineage, this example really seems like a
provenance-oriented example rather than a data usage oriented example.

This exercise leads to me wonder:

1) Is Data Reuse (described as republished existing published data) more
appropriate in the provenance best practice section? It might be nice to
have an expanded example on this subject in the provenance section.

2) Retaining Data Usage by removing the wording "republish" in the Data
Usage section and using this as an opportunity to discuss data citation and
data usage see action-251 [1] where Riccardo helped to show examples of how
the DQV and DUV could show usage statistics:

So, in conclusion, either data reuse is an example of provenance or I'm
misunderstanding the meaning of reuse.

If you want to chat let me know,

Kind regards,

Eric S

Example:

:bus-stops-2015-05-05
      a dcat:Dataset, prov:Entity ;
      dct:title "Bus stops of MyCity" ;
      dct:issued "2015-05-05"^^xsd:date ;
      prism:doi "10.3456/4567.21"^^xsd:string ;
      dct:creator :john ;
      owl:versionInfo "1.0" ;
      pav:version "1.0" ;
      .

:civic-hacker-web-data
      a dcat:Dataset, prov:Entity;
      dct:title "Derived dataset provides users departure directions" ;
      dct:issued "2016-02-29"^^xsd:date ;
      prism:doi "10.4567/89012.34"^^xsd:string ;
      dct:creator :mycitywebdev ;
      owl:versionInfo "1.0" ;
      pav:version "1.0" ;
      prov:wasDerivedFrom :bus-stops-2015-05-05 ;
      .