Re: Re: Reusing DCAT namespace for DWBP vocabs

From: Eric Stephan <ericphb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 08:20:48 -0700
To: Deirdre Lee <deirdre@derilinx.com>
Cc: Public DWBP WG <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Deidre thanks for sharing Richard thoughts.

The rationale for wanting to use the dcat namespace was to closely
correlate new vocabularies that were viewed as extensions of the
dcat:Dataset and dcat:Distribution.  I was thinking after our F2F meetings
how other vocabularies handled perhaps similar circumstances.  Dublin core
[1] accommodates two namespaces to not break the previously defined
vocabulary and provide extended in the new vocabulary.

I'm wondering if instead of using:
* http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat# (dcat:) for the Dataset Usage Vocabulary
* use something like http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat/usage# (dcatu:)

This would achieve from the human perspective loose association with dcat
without causing possible confusion from someone looking for usage
terminology in the DCAT specification.

Eric S