Re: dwbp-ISSUE-210: Code lists are used for describing metadata or data values? [Best practices document(s)]

Hi,

Good point.
I believe the BP "Use standardized terms" [0] was for metadata because it came from the requirement R-MetadataStandardized [1].

But I think it would be valuable to say that this BP could mention metadata *and* data. Perhaps even mention 'data' first.

One way we could motivate the extension of scope to data is to mention R-QualityComparable [2] explicitly in the BP. There might be other requirement that fit, but I don't have time to explore more...

Btw I note that the 'intended outcome' for the BP is very much alright as it is now:
"The benefit of using standardized code lists and other commonly used terms is to enable interoperability and consensus among data publishers and consumers."

Antoine

[0] http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#dataVocabularies
[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/dwbp-ucr/#R-MetadataStandardized
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/dwbp-ucr/#R-QualityComparable