Re: Help with vocabularies to describe transport information

Hi Bernadette,

In addition, there is a CEN standard called 'Transmodel' ( see http://transmodel-cen.eu/ )

There was also a UK government report that mentions various standards relevant for multi-modal journey planning:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/4360/standards-guide.pdf

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

- Mark

On 9 Nov 2015, at 13:26, Bernadette Farias Lóscio <bfl@cin.ufpe.br>
 wrote:

> Hi Pieter,
>
> Thanks a lot for your answer! I like the idea of using your proposal for GTFS vocab. Could you please send me some examples that I could use as a starting point to create the examples for the DWBP document [1] ? The idea is to present an example with a timetable in both formats: csv and rdf.
>
> Thanks!
> Bernadette
>
> [1] http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#basicExample

> Hi Bernadette,
>
> GTFS at this moment is the de facto standard for timetables today. Thus, using it to publish transit data is the way to go.
>
> Linked GTFS [1] (I'm the author) is indeed a direct mapping of GTFS terms to URIs. It's thus interesting to be able to link to both the terms ("this thing is a transit stop as defined by gtfs:Stop") and the instances from the data ("this thing follows the service schedule as defined in this GTFS feed").
>
> At this moment, there's a nodejs mapping script [2] to convert a zip archive in GTFS-CSV to Linked GTFS. It would be a great use case for this WG to recommend a way to configure the baseURIs of the identifiers, and a way for Linked GTFS to become the vocabulary/context (cfr. json-ld) of the GTFS files. I'd be glad to implement this in [2] as a proof of concept of your work here.
>
> Mind that Linked GTFS however, is less (or not?) interesting to use to e.g., SPARQL for route planning advice. Instead, you could use Linked Connections [3] (my PhD topic - WIP).
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Pieter
>
> [1] http://vocab.gtfs.org
> [2] https://github.com/OpenTransport/gtfs-csv2rdf
> [3] http://linkedconnections.org/
>
> --
> +32486747122
> Linked Open Transport Data researcher
> UGent - MMLab - iMinds
>
> Board of Directors Open Knowledge Belgium
> http://openknowledge.be
>
> Open Transport working group coordinator at Open Knowledge International
> http://transport.okfn.org
>

> --
> Bernadette Farias Lóscio
> Centro de Informática
> Universidade Federal de Pernambuco - UFPE, Brazil

CONFIDENTIALITY / DISCLAIMER: The contents of this e-mail are  confidential and are not to be regarded as a contractual offer or acceptance from GS1 (registered in Belgium).
If you are not the addressee, or if this has been copied or sent to you in error, you must not use data herein for any purpose, you must delete it, and should inform the sender.
GS1 disclaims liability for accuracy or completeness, and opinions expressed are those of the author alone.
GS1 may monitor communications.
Third party rights acknowledged.
(c) 2012.
</a>