dwbp-ISSUE-148 (ericstephan): Can we use the five star rating system as a BP document metric to describe Open Data instead of a path to LD?

From: Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 14:29:03 +0000
To: public-dwbp-wg@w3.org
dwbp-ISSUE-148 (ericstephan): Can we use the five star rating system as a BP document metric to describe Open Data instead of a path to LD?

http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/148

Raised by: Eric Stephan
On product:

Based on the meeting discussion today I want to raise the question:  Can we use the Five (5) star open data rating system to simply describe the kind of open data we are addressing?

Most people seem to identify with this as a process to evolve to LD.  I am wondering if we can reuse this to describe metrics related to all kinds of data on the web.

Eric Stephan