Re: Mobile Device/Remote Data Access...

Hi Eric,

It is not only latency that is a problem there as there is a large scope of
things making data access challenging : (computer) literacy issues,
cultural issues, infrastructure, etc. As I am working on those topics I
would very much welcome seeing the BP doc taking this into account in some
way but I think we have to be careful not to get too much into things that
are, or may be, out of scope. We already have the preservation section for
this ;-) Further, I don't think we have any use-case for supporting this so
far.

That said, having some vocabulary terms that could be used to express the
level of accessibility (maybe in the same sense as for WAI ?) of a dataset
could be interesting.

Christophe

--
Onderzoeker
+31(0)6 14576494

*Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS)*

DANS bevordert duurzame toegang tot digitale onderzoeksgegevens. Kijk op
www.dans.knaw.nl voor meer informatie. DANS is een instituut van KNAW en
NWO.

Let op, per 1 januari hebben we een nieuw adres:

DANS | Anna van Saksenlaan 51 | 2593 HW Den Haag | Postbus 93067 | 2509 AB
Den Haag | +31 70 349 44 50 | info@dans.knaw.nl <info@dans.kn> |
www.dans.knaw.nl

*Let's build a World Wide Semantic Web!*
http://worldwidesemanticweb.org/

*e-Humanities Group (KNAW)*
[image: eHumanities] <http://www.ehumanities.nl/>