From: Herbert Van de Sompel [mailto:hvdsomp@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 3:47 PM
To: public-dwbp-wg@w3.org
Cc: Herbert Van de Sompel
Subject: versioning

Hi all,

With regard to Data versioning
<http://www.w3.org/TR/dwbp/#dataVersioning>, it seems to me it would
be good to take the existence of the Memento protocol (RFC 7089) [1]
into account when temporal versions are considered.

The Memento protocol specifies various approaches to support
recognizing and accessing temporal resource versions, including:
- the Memento-Datetime header used to convey version datetime of a resource
- a so-called TimeMap, which is a list of resource versions.

A simple description of how the Memento protocol relates to resource
versioning is available at [2].

Greetings

Herbert Van de Sompel

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7089