Re: Enrichment document

Hm, I had never seen that enrichment document and didn't even realize it was in development. It gives a nice review of machine learning techniques with a focus on text analysis. Very interesting stuff, but I have a few concerns. My primary concern is that it defines data enrichment much too narrowly. Data enrichment is helpful for all kinds of data, not just "big data" (a term I would encourage us to avoid, as it is overused and highly ambiguous). It is useful in image data as well as text, and in structured as well as unstructured data. I think we need to beware of putting out content that is tangential to the subject of publishing data on the web.
-Annette

Sent from a keyboard-challenged device