Re: Minor changes suggested for BP

On Jun 11, 2015, at 16:03, Bernadette Farias Lóscio <bfl@cin.ufpe.br> wrote:

> Hi Herbert,
>
> Thanks for the link!
>
> If I understood correctly, memento doesn't have a vocabulary to describe versions. We are looking for a way to describe (using metadata) that a dataset has one more versions, for example.

Memento TimeMaps, defined in RFC 7089, do this. They list versions.

I think one needs to keep in mind that not all information interoperability needs to be solved by means of semantic technologies. There is a rather basic technology stack - URIs, HTTP links, IANA relation types - that can provide a nice level of interop too. IMO that is a rather important consideration for this effort to take into account. Betting all interop on sem technologies may limit the action radius because of the threshold involved in adoption.

Cheers

Herbert