Re: [dwbp] BP - URI structure is not relevant for REST

Just to add my 2 cents, not to have any confusion in the discussion, it
might be good to make it clear whether we are talking about versioned APIs
or versioned API URIs. IMO, what most people are against is versioned URIs
(which are also discouraged in the DWBP document).
*"If the data is made available through an API, the URI used to request the
latest version of the data should not change as the versions change, but it
should be possible to request a specific version through the API."* [1]

IMHO, versioning an API using media types (e.g.,
application/vnd.github.v3+json) as Github [2] has no incompatibility with
the REST principles.

Best Regards,
Nandana

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-dwbp-20150625/#VersioningInfo