Re: A suggestion: Add status flags to BPs?

Hi everyone,

I also like Phil's idea of setting status-flags, but at the same time agree
with Bernadette in the fact that is very unlikely we will be able to make
it today (30+ BPs, that's about 1,5 min to vote and decide on each)

As Eric I also think that's it is not so bad having something quite
incomplete to start gathering feedback. That may be useful to help clarify
some issues where we don't have clear internal consensus as well. The only
problem I see is that is usually made when one has clearly identified
conflicting areas. If we think about just publishing a draft with a global
note saying "this is still immature and everything may be changing in the
future" then IMO it is not the right moment to publish yet.

I have also concerns with respect to publishing anything where group
members are clearly positioned against. I think that for that cases we
should be trying to solve those issues before, or at least clearly identify
them as open issues in the relevant parts of the document.

In my specific case the two thing I don't think really confortable with
publishing right now are:

- The technological bias in several parts of the document (outside
implementation techniques), and specially in the vocabularies section.
- Most of the techniques at the preservation section and the underlying
"data archiving" concept as well.

My 2cents.
Best,
 CI