Re: Best Practice 4 (Document Metadata) - I agree to suppress it

Hi, Carlos,

> BP4 is about documenting what metadata terms are you finally using

Terms are parts of a vocabulary.

And we will have a whole section about vocabularies.

Metadata is documenting data. Then, metadata should be documented. These
documents about metadata are metadata of metadata. We should take care
about an infinite chain.

If we talk about documents for machines, we are talking about vocabularies.
And section 7.
4 will take care of this.

If we are talking about humans, metadata is the documentation. Have a
documentation about metadata is mandatory. If metadata does not have a
documentation, it does not have a meaning. For example, If one says that
the dataset has a GNU license, how this can be understood by a human if GNU
is not documented? The meaning is the documentation and must exist if
someone decides to refer to it.

In respect to code lists, (maybe this is not the formal definition) I think
they are a kind of type, or even a kind of vocabulary. Again, I think
section 7.4 is a better candidate to talk about this.

Best regards,
Laufer

--