Re: dwbp-ISSUE-119 (BernadetteLoscio): Data Consumer x Data User [Best practices document(s)]

+1 For consumer data

I was overcomed by the evidences (and widely adopted use of the
proposed sentence) :-)

Out of curiosity, last week I did a little research on the origin of
the use "consumer" to define the entity that uses the data (either
reading, distributing, modifying, etc). After a brief rough search at
google, the first citation of the term as a definition for data user,
in the context of Web data, was made at http://5stardata.info

the other mentions that I've found are related to the need of
identifying the actor who consume data at the ecosystem of open
government data, which may explain the adoption of a term related to
the universe of the economy to the web development world..

yaso