From: Bernadette Farias Lóscio [mailto:bfl@cin.ufpe.br]
Sent: 11 January 2015 15:25
To: Lee, Deirdre
Cc: Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group
Subject: Re: Updated version of UCR document online

Hi Deirde,

Thanks for the updates! I took a look in the current version of the UCR document and I found the following inconsistencies between the BP document and the UCR doc. I also propose some solutions to solve them.

1. In the BP document there are 03 challenges that are not listed in the UCR doc: Data Versioning, Data Preservation and Feedback.

To solve this, I suggest to:
   - create a new challenge called "Data Versioning" and associate the R-DataVersion requirement to this new challenge.
   - rename the challenge "Requirements for Persistence" to "Requirements for Preservation".
   - create a new challenge called "Feedback" and associate the R-UsageFeedback requirement to this new challenge.

2. Data Selection and Industry reuse were not considered in the BPD

   - During the last F2F, Data Selection was considered to be out of the scope of the BP document. I suggest to remove the Challenge Data Selection and to relocate the following requirements: R-DataIrreproducibility, R-DataLifecyclePrivacy, R-DataLifecycleStage and R-DesignatedUserExpertise.

- Since SLA is a type of metadata (similar to Geographic Context), I suggest to remove the challenge  "Industry Reuse" and include the requirement R-SLAAvailable in the Metadata section.

3. I understand that requirements from Section 4.2 and 4.3 are requirements for the vocabularies instead of vocabularies for BP. I think that this should be more clear in the UC document. I suggest to:

- separate requirements for BP from requirements for Vocabularies in Section 3.2.
- include a new requirement for Data Quality, like "Data Quality information should be available". This requirement can be easily covered by a BP.

Please, let me know if you have other comments or suggestions.

cheers,
Bernadette

Hi,

The latest version of the UCR document is now online: http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/usecasesv1.html

This includes all of the feedback from the use-case authors. As you can see, there are a lot more linkages now between use-cases and requirements. This helped reemphasise some existing requirements, identify those that are out of scope, merge a couple, and identify a couple of new requirements not yet included.

I have also addressed the open issues.

If you’re interested, I’ve also uploaded the UCR.ttl file https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Use-Cases_Requirements_RDF

Hopefully this will be useful for contributors to the BP document.

Cheers,
Deirdre

Deirdre Lee
Research Associate