W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-dwbp-wg@w3.org > February 2015

Re: dwbp-ACTION-137: Find a venue for u.s. f2f meeting

From: Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) <Lewis.J.Mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 17:56:57 +0000
To: Eric <ericphb@gmail.com>
CC: Annette Greiner <amgreiner@lbl.gov>, Steven Adler <adler1@us.ibm.com>, Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>, "Purohit, Sumit" <sumit.purohit@pnnl.gov>
Message-ID: <D10379E7.D8C1%lewis.j.mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov>
Hi Folks,
Some clarifications here so I can tie this down before the weekend.

  *   What date(s) do we require?
  *   What times?
  *   Can I post an announcement and W3C logo representing co-location of the face-to-face on the Linux Foundation Website? [0]. LF organize ApacheCon for their own commercial gains, Apache does not take money from the Conference. Justification to do this is that there are a number of semantic web project at Apache, namely Apache Any23, Apache Jena, Apache Clerezza, Apache Marmotta and the newly incubating Apache Commonds RDF. I am hoping that this will add further to the usual semantic-related project meetings we have at ApacheCon.

Thanks
Lewis

[0] http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america


Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc., MAGU
Engineering Applications Software Engineer Level 2
Computer Science for Data Intensive Systems Group 398M
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099
Mail Stop : 158-256C
Tel:  (+1) (818)-393-7402
Cell: (+1) (626)-487-3476
Fax:  (+1) (818)-393-1190
Email: lewis.j.mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov

           [cid:19BD0596-0808-49F1-B87C-3741689E3D11]

 Dare Mighty Things

From: Eric <ericphb@gmail.com<mailto:ericphb@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 1:38 PM
To: Lewis John McGibbney <lewis.j.mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:lewis.j.mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Cc: Annette Greiner <amgreiner@lbl.gov<mailto:amgreiner@lbl.gov>>, Steven Adler <adler1@us.ibm.com<mailto:adler1@us.ibm.com>>, Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org<mailto:public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>>, "Purohit, Sumit" <sumit.purohit@pnnl.gov<mailto:sumit.purohit@pnnl.gov>>
Subject: Re: dwbp-ACTION-137: Find a venue for u.s. f2f meeting

Fantastic Lewis!  Thank you for all your efforts.

Eric S

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 12, 2015, at 11:03 AM, Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) <Lewis.J.Mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:Lewis.J.Mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov>> wrote:

Hi Eric,
Yes I will be there.
Iíve been driving this through and making sure that everyone knows the intentions here.
We will have a room with the necessary resources as requested.
Thank you
Lewis


Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc., MAGU
Engineering Applications Software Engineer Level 2
Computer Science for Data Intensive Systems Group 398M
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099
Mail Stop : 158-256C
Tel:  (+1) (818)-393-7402
Cell: (+1) (626)-487-3476
Fax:  (+1) (818)-393-1190
Email: lewis.j.mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:lewis.j.mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov>

           <2CB3CA5F-DC06-45EF-ADDA-C49A41A8C401[7].png>

 Dare Mighty Things

From: Eric Stephan <ericphb@gmail.com<mailto:ericphb@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 6:24 AM
To: Lewis John McGibbney <lewis.j.mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:lewis.j.mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Cc: Annette Greiner <amgreiner@lbl.gov<mailto:amgreiner@lbl.gov>>, Steven Adler <adler1@us.ibm.com<mailto:adler1@us.ibm.com>>, Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org<mailto:public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>>, "Purohit, Sumit" <sumit.purohit@pnnl.gov<mailto:sumit.purohit@pnnl.gov>>
Subject: Re: dwbp-ACTION-137: Find a venue for u.s. f2f meeting

Lewis are you planning on attending tomorrow's meeting?  I was wondering if we discussed coordinated start time of the proposed Lisbon/Austin F2F meeting?  I wanted to make sure this didn't create a conflict on the ApacheCon side if the Lisbon team agrees to start a bit later.

Thanks,

Eric S

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 7:36 PM, Eric Stephan <ericphb@gmail.com<mailto:ericphb@gmail.com>> wrote:
Lewis,

This is super, my guess at this point is that it only may be 4 to 8 remote participants collaborating with the Lisbon based F2F.  If you could arrange to have a meeting room with a table(s),  a phone and a screen that would be great.  I have a projector (and can bring a polycom if that is helpful).

Again many thanks!

Eric S

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 3:10 PM, Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) <Lewis.J.Mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:Lewis.J.Mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov>> wrote:
Hi Eric,

What do you need from us to make this happen at this point?  BTW, I also have a personal interest in attending ApacheCon for other Apache/Open Data efforts.

Nothing. Just leave it with me for about 24 hours and I will make sure we can facilitate the W3C meeting for around 20 at the Hyatt.
The ASF is a member of W3C with Andy Seaborne being our primary organizational representative so I know that this will help A LOT.
Thanks
Lewis





2CB3CA5F-DC06-45EF-ADDA-C49A41A8C401[5].png
(image/png attachment: 2CB3CA5F-DC06-45EF-ADDA-C49A41A8C401_5_.png)

Received on Friday, 13 February 2015 18:00:05 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 13 February 2015 18:00:07 UTC