Re: BP #24 Provide Real-time access

From: Annette Greiner <amgreiner@lbl.gov>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 11:42:30 -0800
Cc: Public DWBP WG <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
To: Eric Stephan <ericphb@gmail.com>
I have a question about real-time data. When we say "data that is produced in real time," what does that mean? Is that a collection rate? I think the choice of whether to make data available real-time involves more than the frequency at which it is collected. For example, data from an accelerator like the LHC gets collected at an extremely high rate, but it is released in bulk. Maybe the rule should be more about whether individual values are updated frequently (how frequently?) on an ongoing basis.
-Annette

Sent from my iPhone