Re: DUV review

Phil,

My responses below:

duv:author - why can't you just use dcterms:creator? You have this defined
as a sub property of dc:creator (not dcterms I notice, and dc is missing
from the table of namespaces). If there's a reason, OK, but dcterms:creator
is pretty universal.

>> +1 I had this originally - made a change at 1am this morning, not a good
time to go off road.

duv:hasPublisher - again, why not dcterms:publisher?

>> +1 See earlier response.

I can't find duv:hasProducer in the diagram but I see that it has a range
of prov:Agent and skos:Concept.

>> Not all properties will be shown in the diagram.  I was thinking of this
as being more conceptual than exact.  My preference is to provide a general
orientation.

That seems to be confusing two things there. The producer will be an Agent
that will have either a classification or a role of some kind. That seems
similar to org:classification which takes a skos:Concept as its range.

>> Hmmm okay will take a look and respond back later.

See just above
http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-org/#index-of-classes-and-properties

Googling around this topic I also came across
http://rdf-vocabulary.ddialliance.org/discovery.html#dfn-disco-fundedby which
seems very relevant, in particular a property fundedBy.

>> Interesting +1

duv:edition - looks like pav:version to me??

>> Is dc:hasVersion more socialized?

duv:Publication - not foaf:Document?

>> We had this as an action item for some time, with little response.  Yes
we can go with foaf:Document.

>> Having agreed with reusing vocabularies, one concern that I have as a
vocabulary editor is that the "definitions" listed in the other
vocabularies are so general that it is difficult to convey the meaning I
want to the reader.  How do we reuse properties and classes and "refine
their definition" to help orient people to the particular point of view we
are trying to convey?

Many thanks again,

Eric S