Re: Use machine-readable standardized data formats / Use non-proprietary data formats

I think they are particular representations of data. If you publish a cool 3D rendering of some data, I think that is enriching it, but the data are the individual observations (vectors or voxels or whatever) used to make the representation. For molecules, I would say that a structured listing of the atoms and their bonds is the data. Otherwise, every visualization is data, which one can certainly argue in the definitional sense, but I think is beyond our scope.
-Annette