RE: Use machine-readable standardized data formats / Use non-proprietary data formats

I agree we need a better definition of the scope.

Limiting to structured data may be a sensible restriction. However, while it
would exclude images of paintings, highly structured 3D models of statues or
excavation sites would be in scope; it would exclude an unstructured .txt
file, but not the highly structured legislation or procurement data that is
already getting published as RDF in projects that I know of.

The problem we're having is that this discussion pops up every couple of
months and then dies out without a clear and citable decision having been
taken and recorded.

Makx.