Re: DBpedia - Usage Example

Hi Eric!

Interesting thread. In 2013 we held a hackathon with the Ministry of
Justice and the datasets were terrible, full of errors and missing
semantic. When the ministry released the datasets the teams organized
the issues on github [1] (here comes yaso with github again, lol) and we
keep the interactions upon the dataset improvements at a conversation in
a mail list [2].

To the extent that the dataset was being "repaired" the ministry
improved other datasets that was in "the line" for opening. But only
because we had use cases (the apps) to where improvements were important.

I imagine that this kind of interaction upon a dataset is not yet a
widespread method of working with data, at least in governamental
sphere. I like the idea of cycles of improvements based on usage of
data, provoked by standardized feedback and other ways of conversations
and also like the idea of tracking usage of data. I can imagine that it
would be really useful, but still have not imagined a way to implement
it without taking advantage of usage of 2 or more tools at the same time
:-)

yaso

[1] https://github.com/W3CBrasil/PerguntasMJ/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/dadosabertosmj