Re: Status on Action-174 ?

On Apr 23, 2015, at 3:50 PM, Eric Stephan <ericphb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Annette,
>

> --  I think the other case for citation is providing a link describing how you want others to cite it.

Ah, yes, I do agree with that type of citation. I’d like to restrict its use to that case, maybe clarify it as PreferredCitation. In that sense, it is not feedback. It is something the publisher provides to consumers.

> -- While the Annotation model does cover it in a very general way thus giving rise to the concern that there might be large interpretations of how I think of feedback solely relying on Annotations, I am attracted to the SIOC feedback model because it was built specifically to represent feedback in forums. By selecting a common model for feedback, I argue that an explicitly declared vocabulary greatly increases the chances of making dataset feedback more discoverable because consumers can correlate and cross reference feedback from different dataset forums using a consistent query pattern.  The Annotation model is so general that cross referencing forums represented in a variety of ways would make discovery of feedback more difficult.

I think it’s important to recognize that the annotations work is already in W3C space. If there is too much overlap  that we implement differently, there will be an internal conflict. That would be a BAD THING (TM).

-Annette

--
Annette Greiner
NERSC Data and Analytics Services