Re: Meaning of publishing Data on the Web

On 27 March 2015 at 18:52, Makx Dekkers <mail@makxdekkers.com> wrote:

> I’ve been asking that question from the beginning. In a recent message I
> proposed to be very explicit: let’s just focus on numerical, tabular data.
> At least, we’ll know what we’re talking about – DCAT, CSV, DataCube – and
> we can forget about all types of complexities to do with other types of
> data.

I think the problem with such approach is that we won't be working on a
best practices document for data on the web any more, but on a subset of
best practices for numerical, tabular data on the web. As I said before, I
think this is a good idea, but a complementary WG note.

In my mind, every type of data needs different best practices.

Some examples of such differences would be really useful to see how we
could be addressing them.

Best,
 CI.

--