From: Laufer [mailto:laufer@globo.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2014 7:21 PM
To: DWBP WG
Subject: Re: COMURI

Hi Tomas, Hi all,
I think that this is an issue that has already been discussed a lot of times by the community. Pros and Cons.
Like others in the group, I also prefer opaque URIs.
Thank you.
Best Regards.
Laufer

Tomas,

> * Human and machine
> URIs *must* be human and machine friendly: it is good for both.
>
> The reality today is that humans {developers are also humans :-)} type
> a lot of URIs and IP addresses :-)
>
> And human readbility is money: look at the prices of some domains :-)

You are right about domain names, but it is my experience that
practically no-one types in anything more than domain+TLD in a browser
and most people don't even do that. And are you serious about typing in
IP addresses?

Makx.

--