Re: Open Data for Agriculture

Hi Steve,

There is a lot of work that has happened/is happening in this area. In
particular, I would like to point to the deliverables from the
SmartAgrifood and the FIspace projects which include dedicated sections
on vocabularies available for use within the agrifood sectors.

http://www.smartagrifood.eu/
http://www.fispace.eu/

Jurgen, has already mentioned WUR. A recent presentation from a
scientist, Daan Goense at WUR and the developer of the drmCrop model can
be found here:

http://www.smartagrimatics.eu/Portals/4/SAM2014/1%20Farming%20in%20the%20Cloud/crop%20protection/1.1.7_20140619_SAM_rmCrop.pdf

It also comes with a reference implementation from Limetri

https://bitbucket.org/limetri/drmcrop-java

You may also find it useful to look at the proceedings of the
SmartAgrimatics conference:

http://www.smartagrimatics.eu/

Then there is agroRDF,

http://www.smartagrimatics.eu/Portals/4/Smart%20AgriMatics%205_2_09_20120613_Paris.pdf

Finally, I would recommend getting in touch with Daan Goense
(daan.goense@wur.nl) for a more comprehensive discussion on models in
agriculture.

Regards,

Monika