From: <Mcgibbney>, Lewis John McGibbney <lewis.j.mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:lewis.j.mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Date: Saturday, October 18, 2014 at 3:02 PM
To: Steven Adler <adler1@us.ibm.com<mailto:adler1@us.ibm.com>>, IBM Open Data Group <IBM_Open_Data_Group%IBMUS@us.ibm.com<mailto:IBM_Open_Data_Group%IBMUS@us.ibm.com>>, Information Governance Team <Information_Governance_Team%IBMUS@us.ibm.com<mailto:Information_Governance_Team%IBMUS@us.ibm.com>>
Cc: "africa-open-data-list@meetup.com<mailto:africa-open-data-list@meetup.com>" <africa-open-data-list@meetup.com<mailto:africa-open-data-list@meetup.com>>, "betaNYC-list@meetup.com<mailto:betaNYC-list@meetup.com>" <betaNYC-list@meetup.com<mailto:betaNYC-list@meetup.com>>, Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org<mailto:public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>>, "memex-jpl@googlegroups.com<mailto:memex-jpl@googlegroups.com>" <memex-jpl@googlegroups.com<mailto:memex-jpl@googlegroups.com>>
Subject: Re: Ebola Open Data Jam

Fantastic Steven, thank you for posting here.
We are currently involved in a DARPA project called MEMEX [0], which seeks user-defined, domain-specific search of public information, and plans to use its groundbreaking research to fight human trafficking.
We are applying the output of MEMEX to the Ebola domain and we will be scoping the link you provided. Thank you very much for disseminating this information, it is very encouraging to hear that people are trying to make a difference here.
Lewis

[0] http://www.darpa.mil/NewsEvents/Releases/2014/02/09.aspx

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney B.Sc., PhD
Engineering Applications Software Engineer Level 2
Data Management Systems and Technology Group 398J
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099
Mail Stop : 158-256C
Tel:  (+1) (818)-393-7402
Cell: (+1) (626)-487-3476
Fax:  (+1) (818)-393-1190
Email: lewis.j.mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:lewis.j.mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov>

           [cid:EC069478-84D7-4C32-8E52-16AFC617CADA]

 Dare Mighty Things