From: Newton Calegari [mailto:newton@nic.br]
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2014 12:10 PM
To: CARRASCO BENITEZ Manuel (DGT)
Cc: public-dwbp-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: ACTION-81: Reviewing COMURI document

Hi Tomas,

About Big and Small Data:
At Design Goals’ section [1] there is a mention to “big and small” data.
Do you think it could be changed to “data granularity” as well?

[]’s
Newton

[1] http://dragoman.org/comuri.html#design-goals

Em 10/10/2014, à(s) 06:32, <Manuel.CARRASCO-BENITEZ@ec.europa.eu> <Manuel.CARRASCO-BENITEZ@ec.europa.eu> escreveu:

Newton,

URI Variants:
At the URI Variants’ section might be interesting to show examples using Language Tag (BCP 47) [3].
In this way we can encourage the use of the Language Tag as a standard to multilingual URI.

#
"de" is a BCP47 (and a ISO-639-2) language tag:
 http://example.com/foo.de

"zh-cmn-Hans-CN" a BCP47 (not ISO-639-*) language tag
 http://example.com/foo. zh-cmn-Hans-CN (Chinese, Mandarin, Simplified script, as used in China)

Reference:
 http://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp47#appendix-A
 http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php
##

Big and Small data
In data issues, “Capability to identify big and small data – whole database and record”, maybe it could be changed to
"Capability to identify different kinds of data granularity - whole database or a single record”. What do you think?

#
I agree: it was changed on the 30 Sep
 http://dragoman.org/comuri.html#data-granularity
##