Re: ISSUE-69: Do we include versioning in the bp doc? currently there are no use cases for it

From: João Paulo Almeida <jpalmeida@ieee.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 13:45:22 -0200
To: Makx Dekkers <mail@makxdekkers.com>, 'Bernadette Farias Lóscio' <bfl@cin.ufpe.br>, 'Christophe Guéret' <christophe.gueret@dans.knaw.nl>
CC: 'Ghislain Atemezing' <auguste.atemezing@eurecom.fr>, <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
Hi Makx and Bernadette,

Perhaps from the perspective of versioning, dataset and ontologies can be
treated alike. So actually, we would be versioning resources.

Makx: the sentence you used seems to be open to many (possibly undesired
interpretations). Do you mean to say what I said above or something further
with ³an ontology is a type of dataset²?
More specifically, do you mean that:
1. every ontology O is a dataset?
2. an ontology O defines a type of dataset?
3. None of the above.

Regards,
João Paulo