Re: ISSUE-80: We need a definition of "dataset"

I am not against the definition of DCAT. What I am saying is that the
dataset to DCAT do not address multiple datasets with different
distributions that could be a bundle.

In your example, Phil, there is only one file, the zip one. And if you have
each one of the files with different distributions? If you are sure that
this case never will happened, if when you have multiple files they always
will be distributed in one single file, maybe the current definition of
DCAT could be sufficient.

For Ckan and DSPL, dataset is always the set of files.

I prefer to restrict the idea of dataset to a collection of resources (in
the sense of rdf resources). I do not like the idea of using dataset as a
collection of datasets. But we have to discuss and collect examples.

I think that this granularity is important. There would be metadata in each
of these levels.

Laufer

--