Several

From: <Manuel.CARRASCO-BENITEZ@ec.europa.eu>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 15:11:17 +0000
To: <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
Comments several posting.

1. Linked data vs. Linked Open Data
"Linked Data is defined above. Linked Open Data (LOD) is Linked Data which is released under an open licence ..."
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html

The only legal aspects we should address is how to point to license(s).

2. Human vs. machines readable
It should be readable to both within one single model; similar to microformats.

3. Formats
The same data should be accessible in several formats (variants). In particular, it must not be restricted to RDF.
"Structure the data, the how is secondary".

4. Data practitioner
I might be considered one :-)  I am working on the (arguably) biggest corpus of multilingual parallel texts: the Official Journal of the European Union.

Regards
Tomas