Re: APIs to work with data on the web

Laufer,

You raise a very good point.  It would become extremely complex to have to
access large datasets via URI's, but is SPARQL the only way to do this?  I
ask because IBM just discontinued RDF support in DB2 due to inadequate
customer demand.  I am not personally biased against RDF because there may
be many reasons for IBM's decision:

1.  We may not have marketed this capability.
2.  DB2 may be too expensive or heavy for RDF use cases.
3.  RDF users may not think about DB2 as their first choice in databases,
etc.

But I also have anecdotal developer stories that they do not like working
with RDF.  So even though SPARQL is a very elegant way to gather up and
represent many URI's I would prefer if we also had other non-RDF methods
highlighted in our recommendations.

Is that possible?

Best Regards,

Steve