Re: BP Guidelines

Hi João,

Thanks for your comments!

> When you say:
> "A General Best Practice applies to all resources, while a Specific Best
> Practice applies to a specific Resource.”
> You probably meant:
> "A General Best Practice applies to resources of any kind, while a
> Specific Best Practice applies to a resources of a specific kind (e.g.,
> Datasets, Vocabularies or Licenses).”
>
> Yes! This way is more clear...I'm gonna rewrite :)

> I am a bit confused with License as a resource. I understand Dataset and
> Vocabulary as a resource… But what is meant with License as a resource?

Analysing the use cases and the UC Requirements for Licenses (Section 4.1.5
from [1]), we identify that licenses should also be available in a machine
readable format and that standard vocabularies should be used to describe
licenses. In this case, I guess that licenses are also something that
should be properly published.

However, to create best practices for licenses maybe is out of the scope of
the group. Then, we may assume that Licenses are properly published and in
our best practices we just propose that "license information should be
available".

Does it make sense for you?

Cheers,
Bernadette

>  Regards,
> João Paulo
>

> From: Bernadette Farias Lóscio <bfl@cin.ufpe.br>
> Date: Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 5:03 AM
> To: "public-dwbp-wg@w3.org" <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
> Subject: BP Guidelines
>
> Hi all,
>
> I created a new wiki page [1] with some guidelines that may help us define
> the structure of the Best Practices document. This page also shows an
> attempt to map the use case requirements to possible best practices.
>
> I'd like to ask you to take a look and if possible to give some feedback.
>
> Thank you!
> Bernadette
>
> [1] https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Best_practices_guidelines
>
> --
> Bernadette Farias Lóscio
> Centro de Informática
> Universidade Federal de Pernambuco - UFPE, Brazil

Bernadette Farias Lóscio
Centro de Informática